• Darling 1940s periwinkle purple plaid swing coat
• Quintessential post-war chic styling • Periwinkle purple high quality soft wool (not itchy wool)
• Peter Pan collar with darling bow tie neckline
• Luxurious liquid satin dusty rose pink lining
• Two inside arm straps so it can be worn cape style
• Two hidden side pockets
• Large solid purple cuffs
• By John Walther Woolens from Utah Woolen Mills of Ogden, Utah
Waist: up to 50”
Hips: up to 55”
Shoulders: 17.5” (seam to seam)
Can fit a variety of sizes; best fit large to extra large.
Buttons are all replacements. There are scattered spots of yellowing, but thankfully the largest spots are inside the coat and not seen when you wear it.
Small yellow spot on the left shoulder, left cuff and above left top button. I believe these were from the rubbing off from the original buttons which were lost to history somewhere along the way in the life of this coat.
Spots that are on the interior (not seen when buttoned up or worn): Two large yellow spots on the interior near the front hemline. Several large spots to the lining, some of which have holes/shattering. Please see photos. In clean and wearable condition.
Has been professionally dry cleaned. Presents beautifully and is ready to wear.