• Vintage 1940s ladies grey wool duffle coat
• Classic and timeless winter coat style
• Fastens with wooden toggles
• Two large hip pockets
• Chic charcoal grey exterior
• Lined with a soft red and green plaid
• Has buttons under the collar where you could attach a hood—no hood included
• Made by Lodenfrey
• Purchased from the closet of the original owner
Best fit for a roomy medium or snug ladies large. The toggle buttons can be moved up to 4” at the bust, waist and hips.
Please note these are the measurements for the coat, not your measurements. Since you’ll likely be wearing this over clothing, please allow for at least 4” of room at the chest, waist and hips for best fit.
You can compare these measurements to a similar overcoat you have that fits well.
Chest: 40” (button can be moved up to 4”)
Waist: 41” (+ 4”)
Hips: 44” (+4”)
Shoulders: 17” seam to seam
Very good vintage condition. This originally had leather toggle buttons in the same shape and size as the brown wooden ones it has now. It was missing a couple, and a couple fell off while dry cleaning.
We replaced them with very similar wooden toggles which will last much longer. We’ll include the old ones separately with the coat.
This was missing sleeve cuff buttons so we added 2 vintage 1940s buttons.
There is a small faint stain on the right pocket that blends well with the coat. It’s sort of stiff.
This coat has been freshly professionally dry cleaned. It’s ready to wear.